Virtual meeting with Richard Murphy
An Oxford for Europe / Cambridge for Europe Event.
Supported by Oxford European Association.
Tuesday 10th January 2023, 7 pm.
A discussion about the current economic malaise and what is needed to be done about it, with Q&A.
Prof Richard Murphy
Professor Richard Murphy is Professor of Accounting Practice, Sheffield University Management School. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. He co-founded the Tax Justice Network, the Fair Tax Mark and Finance for the Future. He founded and still directs Tax Research UK. He co-created the Green New Deal and remains an active member of the Green New Deal Group. He is founder-director of the Corporate Accountability Network.
Richard created the concept of country-by-country reporting, which is now in use in more than 90 countries around the world to identify tax abuse by multinational corporations as a result of backing for it provided by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development. Richard has created the concept of sustainable cost accounting.
Richard has authored a number of books (see below). He blogs, usually daily, at Tax Research UK, and is a frequent commentator in the media on tax and accounting issues. He has been named by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales as the top social media influencer on accounting issues in the UK for the last four years.
- Murphy, Richard (2015). The Joy of Tax. Bantam Press. ISBN 978-0593075173.
- Murphy, Richard (2013). Over Here and Undertaxed: Multinationals, Tax Avoidance and You. Vintage Digital.
- Murphy, Richard (2011). The Courageous State. Searching Finance. ISBN 978-1-907720-28-4.
- Palan, Ronen; Murphy, Richard; Chavagneux, Christian (2009). Tax Havens: How Globalization Really Works. Cornell University Press. ISBN 978-0-8014-7612-9.
- Here is a link to prof Murphy’s lecture notes: https://twitter.com/richardjmurphy/status/1613070665128546304?s=46&t=TscUeZcEMAn0CUjExfEE_g0-8014-7612-9.
We welcome voluntary donations, which help fund our activities. If you wish to donate, please see above